August 18, 2018 from 9 AM – 3 PM
Cumberland County Service Center
310 Allen Road
Carlisle, PA 17013 (Map)
Event workers will unload your materials, so please remain in your vehicles.
What Can I Bring?
- Pesticides, Insecticides, Herbicides, Fertilizers
- Oil-Based Paints, Stains, Varnishes, Sealers
- Oil-Based Paint Cleaners, Thinners, Removers
- Adhesives, Glues, Epoxies, Caulking, Sealants
- Gasoline, Diesel Fuel, Kerosene
- Antifreeze, Car Care Products
- Lubricating Sprays
- Pool Chemicals
- Drain Cleaners, Degreasers, Oven Cleaners
- Fire Extinguishers
- Propane Cylinders (up to 20 pounds)
- Hydrochloric Acid, Sulfuric Acid, and Other Acids
- Mercury, Mercury Containing Devices
- Fluorescent Light Tubes and Bulbs
- Automotive Batteries
What Can’t I Bring?
- Motor Oil
- Latex (Water-Based) Paint and Paint-Related Products
- Smoke Detectors
- Household Alkaline Batteries
- Chemically Treated Lumber
- Biological Waste
- Construction and Demolition Debris
- Bags of Cement / Mortar
- Used Absorbent Material (i.e. Oil-Dri)
- Cold Patch
- Household Trash
What Else Should I Know?
- This event is limited to residents and small businesses only.
- Note: Small businesses are limited to 2,200 pounds and must preregister by filling out and submitting in advance a Small Business Registration Form.
- This event will end promptly at 3 p.m.
- Container sizes should be limited to 5 gallons and smaller.
Please review our Recycling Locations – Non-Traditional Items and Forms and Fact Sheets web pages for tips on disposing of some of the Unacceptable Items. Call 717-240-6489 with questions or for more details.